The Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to build strategic relationships within the community, conduct a variety of outreach activities, and recruit and retain volunteers for all Duck Team 6 outreach programs.
This position will require you to work with and communicate with persons of varied ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds as well as persons who are differently abled. Often you will interact with families where the dog’s living conditions may seem less than ideal; our goal is to ensure that the families that reach out to us for help are educated about responsible pet ownership, provided with food and pet supplies as needed, and counseled on becoming proactive in ensuring their dogs receive the best care that they can feasibly provide.
- Oversee the donation bin program which includes assigning volunteers to pick up donations weekly from bin locations and deliver donations to storage unit.
- Coordination of the food bagging program which includes ensuring donated food is bagged regularly and every other week delivered to SoupMobile for distribution.
- Work with local groups to collaboratively host and sponsor vaccination clinics and or spay / neuter clinics for low income families in need of this service
- Develop outreach programs to educate individuals and families about responsible pet ownership that may include topics such as the importance of spay / neuter, the importance of proper medical care including yearly vaccinations, proper pet nutrition, etc.
- Work with community, school and other groups to convey the mission of DT6 and educate specific groups on responsible pet ownership.
Specific Job Skills:
- Familiarity with animals, knowledge of animal behavior, and animal medical needs is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with Outreach families about responsible pet ownership with compassion and understanding and in a non-judgmental way
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with volunteers, shelters, other rescue groups and the public
- Work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills – outgoing, patient, professional, and able to work with a variety of personalities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment under sometimes tight deadlines
- Ability to provide high quality customer service
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to maintain well-organized records, including email communication organization